Be part of the renowned Lake Forest Symphony Association. Many different talents and skills are needed to provide management and support for this cultural treasure.
About the Lake Forest Symphony: The mission of the Lake Forest Symphony is to serve the Lake County community through the performance of exceptional classical music. Principal programs present both symphonic masterworks and new compositions performed by a group of passionate and gifted professional musicians. Educational programs reach a large and diverse group of students in Lake County through school and concert hall performances designed to provide enrichment and inspiration.
GENERAL MANAGER (full-time)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Management of all aspects of LFS administration including database maintenance, bulk mailing, bill processing and payroll. Preparation of donation acknowledgement letters.
- Serve as primary liaison between the Symphony and our patrons including administering subscription renewal and resolving general ticket inquiries. Work collaboratively with CLC Box Office on concert ticket orders and master seating chart.
- Oversee aspects of concert production including instrument rental, program book preparation, guest artist travel and accommodation, volunteer usher coordination, CD sales, pre-concert lectures and post-concert receptions.
- Assist Executive Director with grant preparation, board meetings, guild board meetings and development campaigns and events.
- Special projects as needed including assistance with educational programming, Symphony auditions, and subscriber benefit programs.
The Lake Forest Symphony General Manager reports to the Executive Director and works closely with Music Director, Orchestra Manager, and other staff positions and interns.
Deadline for applications: February 27, 2015.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Experience in customer service preferred.
- Must be very detail-oriented.
- Passion for classical music.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and Quickbooks Pro 2012.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for General Manager of the Lake Forest Symphony please send your résumé and cover letter as a Word or PDF attachment to email@example.com. You can also mail your letter and résumé to:
Lake Forest Symphony Association
900 North Shore Drive, Suite 109A
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
Fax: (847) 295-2747
The Lake Forest Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.
Download PDF description here.